Thread: WTB/ISO: Molts

WTB/ISO: Molts

I make jewelry and I use T molts. If you have any and the fangs are in decent shape, lemme know! I haven't bought any, only used my own, so I don't know what to ask for them. I figure we can haggle that out in PMs or here. Maybe even work out some kind of trade, I'll make you something neat if you give me a couple. You can see my work by searching for Clever Kim's Curios on facebook, instagram or etsy, to see if you are interested in a trade. I'm interested in other stuff too, like scorpion bits or just general bug pieces (or whole), I'm pretty open to anything odd. If you look at my work you will probably be able to judge the kinds of things I am looking for.

I'm specifically looking for a pair of large fangs for a customer request right now, preferably from like a 4-5" T.

Re: WTB/ISO: Molts

hey kim, i've got a few molts laying around, some from larger T's, and i've got some sets of fangs too.

not sure if you'd be interested, but i've got a cleaned duck skull- it looks pretty neat!

also- i've been collecting/positioning/preserving insects from colorado for my insect collecting class. if you're looking for something specific, let me know, otherwise if i get it wrapped up and graded soon (and assuming they give it back...), you'd be welcome to pretty much anything in there.

question: do you cast anything in resin (or in any sort of hard, clear, plastic stuff)?

I've had resin sitting on my work desk for a couple of months but I'm afraid to mess with it for some reason. I plan on doing some though, I just bought some mixing cups for it tonight! I'm interested in EVERYTHING, haha. We live up at the AF Academy now, do you still live out east? Ken's on leave for a while so we should meet up and hash stuff out when you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by agrodolce View Post
    I've had resin sitting on my work desk for a couple of months but I'm afraid to mess with it for some reason. I plan on doing some though, I just bought some mixing cups for it tonight! I'm interested in EVERYTHING, haha. We live up at the AF Academy now, do you still live out east? Ken's on leave for a while so we should meet up and hash stuff out when you have time.
    sweet! i wonder how hard it would be to cast a widow in resin? would there be discoloration since it's soft-bodied?

if that's something you think you'd want to tackle, i'd give ya pretty much whatever you want haha

I've never worked with resin at ALL. I'll fiddle around with stuff, if I can find any out in the garage or something. I know there was one in the corner. I'm assuming it died because at one point my washer fluid froze in the car, so I know it got cold as crap. If I can find it I'll experiment.

well, no worries if it doesn't work out. not a biggie!

i know it's a little bit of a drive, but if you came out to my place, you could take a look at the stuff pretty much anytime. (that way we wouldn't have to work around a baby's feeding schedule so much)

i have many molts and out of those are a ton from large tarantulas of mine which are over 4". what kind of stuff do you have to trade?