Thread: WTB: Tarantula

WTB: Tarantula

I'm trying to find a versicolor for my husband for xmas, so I am on time constraint, and also a budget.

Arboreal wise that's really the only species I'm comfortable with, the other ones are just too spastic for us. I'd be interested to see what else someone might have though as well, terrestrial wise. I'm trying to avoid the highly defensive/higher toxicity species though, having an H.gigas is enough for us on that spectrum. Something else pretty/cool looking.

I'm also looking for a baby ball python, but I get laughed at with my budget when I'm trying to obtain one of those, so I'm doubtful I'll find one.

I live in the springs.

Thanks for reading ^_^
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Re: WTB: Tarantula

Does Robert know you're looking, or is it a surprise? If it's not a surprise I could post this to the club Facebook to see if it can get more exposure there.

It's a surprise. But I ran out of time so I ended up getting him something else. But now that we just had a freak accident and lost 4 of our juvies I'm probably going to be looking for new spiders next month. :(
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Oh wow! What happened?

We'd gotten a fan for our spider closet because they were out of radiant heaters during that nasty cold snap we had. Had heat on high in the house but the closet was too cold. The fan was working and then the thermostat stopped working properly. By the time I woke up in the morning it had run all night. We lost all our juvies on the top of the closet, I had the younger l.parahybana in icu for days, and I'm pretty sure it'll pull through. I've moved it back into its enclosure, it's just pissed right now. It's kicking hair all over me, so it's feeling more chipper.
    *Fear is ignorance*