Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Entomophagy, who does it?

Thread: Entomophagy, who does it?

Entomophagy, who does it?

I'm wondering if any one of you take your excess of Meal/Superworms, roaches, and crickets and throw them into the oven as a snack.

Because in all honesty, I might give the devouring of insects a try. (What's the difference between them and crab/lobster?)

Any of you have any tasty recipes? And say I do like it, any idea which to breed?

I've already got the Lateralis. Probably Super worms. Maybe wax or silk? Though I hear the latter are high-maintenance.

Re: Entomophagy, who does it?

We've thought about doing this as a club meeting... getting together and frying up some insects. Ha, the closest we've come though is the infamous roach-eating meeting.

I've been wanting to buy these books: http://www.amazon.com/Creepy-Crawly-.../dp/089281747X and http://www.amazon.com/Eat-bug-Cookbo.../dp/0898159776

Haha, sounds fun.

Also, interesting books, I'm going to try and order one if I have any money left after the reptile expo, haha.

oOo, let me know what you get at the expo! I won't be heading up there this weekend. And let me know how you like the new venue!

As I've said on facebook, I got two millipedes a centipede and L. Parahybana.

Temporary set ups and pictures done by phone.

Thanks for the pics! So, does this mean you're not getting a bug-eating book? hehe

bug eating is gaining popularity as something that needs to be tryed... if they were ground up and make into something like an energy bar i think i could get used to it... im still a little bugged out by trying to eat anything that still looks like a bug, but im trying to nerve myself up too it

I've eaten mealworms in stir-fry form, crickets in chocolate chip cookie form and raw of both. Only issue I have is with the liquidy center of the mealworms. It's kinda sweet but reminds me of mucus. Just not something I consider appetizing. I have no problem eating dead insects. It's the moving that bothers me.