Thread: Hello From Boulder

Hello From Boulder

Hey guys!
    Just joined. I am also on reddit.com/r/tarantulas a bit with the same handle. My experience with tarantulas is keeping a Green Bottle Blue (chromatopelma cyaneopubescens) named Fozzi from 2005 to 2010, and now I own a Brachypelma Boehmei named Charlotte. I'm interested in getting to know the other arachnophiles around the front range, and I'll probably be getting my wife a tarantula for Christmas. No surprises, she pretty clearly told me too. Look forward to chatting/hanging out and talking about some very cool pets.
    -Michael

Re: Hello From Boulder

Hey, welcome, Michael! My obsession w/ tarantulas started when my husband (then boyfriend) bought me a tarantula for Christmas. They can be pretty great presents.

Hopefully w/in this month I'll be posting notices for meetings in 2013. We've never had one in Boulder but if you know of any places that could host us (libraries, schools, etc...) let me know.

welcome michael!

Hello, Micheal.
    I'm new here also. I've been anxious to connect with other arachnophiles in the area; there just aren't that many people you can talk to about these amazing creatures (without getting funny looks). I'd love to see photos of your B. boehmei; I've got one of my own, named Audrey.

Welcome, Audrey! Are you in the Boulder area?

Hi Bell,
    Um...either you misread my post, or you are querying my B. boehmei as to her place of residence. In answer, Audrey (the pretty one), lives with me (Johann) in Arvada.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1462.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	102
    Although she's an avid reader, her spelling and typing skills are atrocious, so I have taken the liberty of responding on her behalf.

Johann

Oh, lol! I definitely misread your post. Sorry about that!