Thread: Florida for my birthday! WOO!

Florida for my birthday! WOO!

Unfortunately that's right in the beginning of December.

Have any of you been down in Florida, Miami area?

My first idea is "Yes! Bugs everywhere! " But. Again, December and I'm sure even as warm as Florida is, the inverts are in diapause, assuming that's cold for them. but I don't know, could be year round inverts it's so warm! (If even possible.) And it's a bummer, because I'm flying, and highly doubt they'd let me bring a scorpion or centipede on the plane.But still for fun, are there any still active in December, down there?

Re: Florida for my birthday! WOO!

Happy early birthday! That's awesome that you're going to be traveling. I love Florida, though I've only ever been to Tampa and Orlando. I think insects and arachnids are out year round down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Happy early birthday! That's awesome that you're going to be traveling. I love Florida, though I've only ever been to Tampa and Orlando. I think insects and arachnids are out year round down there.
    Thank you for the early wishes! Need to invest in portable black light, fast.

I noticed the last time I was in PetCo they sell them for, like, $20 (maybe $30?) in the cat section... to be used to blacklight for cat pee and whatnot. I've used that type of blacklight before and it's okay.

KEEP YUR EYES PEELED FOR ANY LARGE BEETLES I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME NEW SPECIMENS =-) sry for caps lol. and Happy B-day! i have personally flown with scorps in my carry on luggage before without any problems, but im not sure what the actual law is...

should be fun! keep a good lookout. the bugs may not be out in full force, but there still should be plenty to find! southern florida should hold some latrodectus bishopi if you look in the right places

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    I noticed the last time I was in PetCo they sell them for, like, $20 (maybe $30?) in the cat section... to be used to blacklight for cat pee and whatnot. I've used that type of blacklight before and it's okay.
    I actually picked up a blacklight specifically for scorpion detection (I'd assume it simply meant "UV" but it's just targeting detection.) for ten dollars, it's like a flashlight.

At Home Depot. I didn't notice it was for scorpion detection, just saw "UV" and after I bought the light, I noticed it said for scorpion detection