Thread: I can't decide! Help!

I can't decide! Help!

I'm trying to decide which to get. One of the platymeris(assassin bugs, probably Mombasa or biguttatus.) or I was thinking a couple of p. imperators for that "nostalgic" feeling, when I had emperors that started me on my collection, which she unfortunately fell to a bad batch of crickets.

Re: I can't decide! Help!

You would get many more years of enjoyment from the P imps than you would the Assassins. You could interact with them more. And it's cool to see big scorpions live communally.

That said, not many people keep Assassins. They're easier to keep in CO than P imps, too.

Personally, I wouldn't keep Assassins. They weird me out. But I guess my vinegaroon should weird me out, too, since it can spray stuff at me, also. But! If I were you, I'd go with the Assassins just because they're so different than what people usually keep!

I don't know... Maybe I'll get Imperators.

When I think of an assassin bug, I imagine a queen ant or bee about to announce to her subjects, only for a quick moving culprit to pass by her in a blurred speed, leaving no trace behind but a venom-riddled wound. And that culprit's gone before any of the bee or ant guards know.

I was meaning to ask about vinegaroons. The one I got, she tends to burrow a lot. But she doesn't make one tunnel, she made -several- different burrows, and doesn't use them. Does your vinegaroon do this?

My vinegaroon hasn't stopped burrowing. She is constantly moving substrate around. I thought she may have been finished because she built herself another "den," but then on Friday I saw her on the surface again. And now she's started on another burrow. Haha, I kinda want to give her a 10 gallon full of substrate just to see what she'll do with it.

My indecisive idiocy finally came to an end. I'm getting a Rhopalurus Junceus. Maybe two. Because I haven't seen these guys for sale in over a year. And. I. Won't. Let. Them. Get. Away. This. Time

Very nice choice. Those guys have been on my "Top 10 Most Wanted" list.

Quote Originally Posted by Selket View Post
    Very nice choice. Those guys have been on my "Top 10 Most Wanted" list.
    Swiftinverts is selling them as 1" juveniles.