Thread: Cheiracanthium inclusum

Cheiracanthium inclusum

Just found a yellow sac spider tonight dangling right in front of me in my kitchen. I love these spiders but dread not having a good camera to photograph such small critters.

Re: Cheiracanthium inclusum

hmm. after living here for what, 16 years now, i found my first inclusum last week. i honestly didn't think they were here (don't know why, guess i never thought it through...) because i've never seen or found one. they sure are active little buggers.

Yes they are! They remind me of miniature huntsman spiders, this is the 1st one ive found in st. Louis, not to mention the 1st one this year. When I lived in st.charles county I found them to be quite regular inside my house; 1-5 sights a day! They reportedly have a some what venomous bite be compared to the bite of Loxeles reclusa and Tegenaria agrestis althought I havnt had any ill effects from its bite. But at I havent had any ill effects nor open/festering bites/wounds from L.reclusa either, although I cant say the same about T. agrestisdue to the fact ive never been bitten or tagged by that spider either so... But my lil inclusum sure is an active not to mention a cunning lil bug to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by widowman10 View Post
    hmm. after living here for what, 16 years now, i found my first inclusum last week. i honestly didn't think they were here (don't know why, guess i never thought it through...) because i've never seen or found one. they sure are active little buggers.
    Eek! That's all I have to say about that! Anything that has the potential to cause necrosis gives me serious pause.

eh, i think they're over-hyped...

Is the one you found, Brian, your pet, now?

haha, it was for a couple days

then it became widow food...

Yea I think they are over hyped also. The only spider that would give me serious pause due to its necrotic venom would be the Sicarious sp., although im pretty sure there are a lot of other spiders out there othere than the species that were just mentioned that are capabls of delivering bites with extremely necrotic properties to there venom that would cause me to tale err on the side of caution !