Thread: Where do I go ?? :/

Where do I go ?? :/

So far I havet found any cool pet shops that sell Ts. Petco and petsmart dont have anything ever. And so far ive only hear bad things about scales n tales. Are there any places to bug Ts since 1)online is extremely expensive and I'm weary about shipping and 2) the reptile expo sounds like a bummer so I don't wanna be part of a depressing empty expo.

Re: Where do I go ?? :/

Scales N Tails west has a decent selection and that is the ONLY thing I ever buy from that store. Their T collection is maintained by a bug club member and is pretty well taken care of. The rest of that store is a joke. Reptilian paradise is starting to get some good Tarantulas they are on 44th and Sheridan you can find them on FB and they usually post what animals they have come in on every other Friday.

Hey Josh! I just responded to this on Facebook... here's what I said:
    Hmm. Local exotic animal stores would be, like, Scales N Tails, the Butterfly Pavilion (maybe, they had some in their gift shop before), Reptilian Paradise or Reptile Jungle (in Castle Rock).

You could post a thread w/ the species you're wanting to buy (wtb) to our classifieds section here: http://milehighbugclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/153-Classifieds, and maybe a local could hook you up w/ something they're wanting to sell.

If shipping costs concern you, you may also be able to find members to go in on an order w/ you to split the cost. Honestly, like, 75% of all spiders I've owned I've had shipped to me. -Bell

The butterfly pavillion had some slings for sale in the gift shop on feb 4th.

bell is spot on. post up stuff you are looking for and see if local members can help you out. that will be the easiest and cheapest method.

i remember being wary of shipping spiders my first few times too. they really are hardy critters and can withstand a bunch of abuse. almost all of my spiders have been shipped (probably many many times).