Thread: Is there an age limit for this club?

Is there an age limit for this club?

I'm the father of a very dedicated minor who is constantly working on his collection. He has a tarantula, hissing roaches, 2 native spiders that he's feeding and caring for, several beetles he's working with and we're getting a Mantid next.

He is looking for other people who have the same interest. Kids his age are not into it as much as he is.

So, I'm curious about the age of the people in the club and if someone middle school age would get to participate, with parental involvement of course.

some of the field trips look like stuff we'd really get in to and obviously - it seems like the company is very important.

Thanks in advance for any replies! This looks like just the kind of place we've been looking for!

Xyl

Re: Is there an age limit for this club?

A lot of club members have kids who do attend the meetings (and sometimes field trips) with them.

I've been thinking we should have some specific kid oriented activities, though... a lot of herp societies have a "jr herpers" club. What better way to keep the hobby going than by getting kids interested in it??

Are you guys located in Denver?

Thanks for the reply! That is the info I was looking for. Is there anything we need to do before we attend a meeting or field trip?

We are in North Metro Denver.

Nope! We don't have sign ups or club fees are anything. We'll post meeting info here and all you have to do is let us know you'll be attending!

Thank you! We're very interested in getting involved.