Thread: Beetle fever

Cool Beetle fever

well as usual i have found a new intrest and am completly engulfed! Ive fallen in love with the idea of keeping beetles, i love the life cycle changes and the ability to culture pets so beetles seem very logical pets for me =-) have any of you fellow colorado bug enthusiests done anything with beetles? I really want to plan a trip to AZ this summer for a collecting/camping trip as well as collect some local beetle species as soon as things warm up. im also searching for any beetle larvae that are available for purchase now so i can get some practice before i collect this summer... by the way hello everyone! its beed a minute since ive been around the boards

Re: Beetle fever

Hey Mike! You guys better get your bootays down here for the club party, Mister.

What kind of beetles? Len in Denver seems to know a lot about beetles (he knows a lot about a lot of stuff, haha). He's found some neat beetles... tiger beetles, I believe... in the creek by his residence in Aurora. We've been trying to arrange a field trip in that area but he's out of town a lot for work. I think his username on the forums is: tallymebanana

I'll be in Phoenix in May!! ....nudge nudge.

ooo! beetles! i love beetles, they are so diverse! one of the most diverse groups of insects (if not THE most iirc).

you'd be amazed at the local fauna you can attract with certain bait. fruits, veggies, lights, carrion will all attract different types of beetles, it's truly amazing.

I cant wait till things warm up and i can go collecting! after some research i found we have many interesting, and even large, species of beetles here in colorado and im excited to try my hand at raising some different varieties this year =-)

Not too long ago I found a Gibbifer californicus when it flew into my apartment from outside. It is a pretty cool little beetle

Well after a week or so of collecting i have some mettalic green ground beetles, a june bug of some kind and a larvae oh hopefully the same species, some neat looking corpse beetles with red lines on their heads, and the que de gras 4 cicindela repanda, the common shore tiger beetle... pics soon i hope =-)