Thread: I have to convince an arachnophobic sibling that...

I have to convince an arachnophobic sibling that...

Tarantulas aren't pure, concentrated evil. I'm planning on the Chaco golden knee, I've been told that the itchy hairs are scarier then the venom, which it's rarely pushed to do either. It's going to stay smaller then my amblypygids, In my eyes, it's even less scary then that emperor I had a little while back, since it's claws were scarier then it's venom.

Anyway, her fear of spiders is severe, her eyes got watery just from me mentioning it.

A few months ago, we went to butterfly pavilion. She had to run to the bathroom to cry wheb she saw the little six year olds holding the famous Rosie
    Eight legged symbols of evil? Why do I trust them more than most humans?

Re: I have to convince an arachnophobic sibling that...

Wow... well, that sounds like some actual therapy is needed. Totally serious. That is a very severe reaction. Do you know why she's so fearful?

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Wow... well, that sounds like some actual therapy is needed. Totally serious. That is a very severe reaction. Do you know why she's so fearful?
    Not the slightest clue.

Well, at least it sounds like she's not the type to freak out and, like, squash it. Sounds like she'll never get close enough to injure the bug. Hopefully they can grow on her, though. Tarantulas have a way of getting people over their arachnophobia (or at least getting it to a manageable spot).

Quote Originally Posted by Bell View Post
    Well, at least it sounds like she's not the type to freak out and, like, squash it. Sounds like she'll never get close enough to injure the bug. Hopefully they can grow on her, though. Tarantulas have a way of getting people over their arachnophobia (or at least getting it to a manageable spot).
    I agree. I actually used to hate spiders. I started in the hobby with scorpions, and about 6 months into it I thought about getting a tarantula. My first T was an A Versicolor. I got it as a sling and raised it. Ever since I love spiders (including true spiders). Now I have a handful of Ts and am thinking of getting more. My wife actually likes the Ts more than the scorpions and she also used to gate spiders.

Went for Chaco golden knee, came home with Rose hair, haha.

Oh, haha, how'd that happen? Rosies are great spiders, too. My first tarantula was a rosie (the one in my avatar). I still have one to this day.

They didn't have a cgaco, went to wrong Scales n Tails, haha.