Thread: Plan to get a bullfrog tadpole!

Plan to get a bullfrog tadpole!

How would I set up a tadpole enclosure? I know that for adult, it would be half land, half water... Would I put in full water until it starts growing legs or.. ?

Cancel, I believe they are illegal.

Re: Plan to get a bullfrog tadpole!

Illegal bullfrog??

Depends on the Tad but ive always done bull frogs like fish untill they start popping out legs....really easy if you keep the water clean and free of chemicles and you find the right food for them, for frogs like dendrobates ive used plastic containers with floating bark for the ones with legs to clim out onto, they need decomposing leaves in there water too to be healthy...

It came to my attention only tropical and subtropical amphibians can be kept for private possession, bullfrogs are in Colorado, I believe? I think the only bullfrog relative allowed is the leopard frog.

I just saw LLLreptile was selling albino American Bullfrog tadpoles

Idk, why they would be illegal. You oftn see their tadpoles in bait stores and in feeder fish tanks at pet store as the adults breed in the ponds the fish are raised in.

Colorado law lets you keep any non-endangered species of wild amphibian found in colorado, and you can even catch them yourself to keep as pets legally as long as yo do not sell them or re-locate them more than 20 miles away...and there are even a few such as water dogs and tad poles that you can collect and sell

(I think Mike is becoming the club lawyer, hahaha. )

I could get used to the sound of that =-)
    I just happened to remeber reading this before we went to vogel this summer, i was hoping on collecting some toads and frogs.