Thread: camel spider?

camel spider?

So i was getting ready for work tonight when my neighbor and her boyfriend stopped over with a camel spider they found in their house i was wondering if anybody knows anything about these things and is there an american species of them she is worried there is more in her house and doesnt want her daughter to get bit is it worth keeping
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

Re: camel spider?

HOnestly i wouldent worry about more being in the house, this one probably just wandered in on its own. there is something like 15 species of them in colorado mostly found in the south eastern part. I have found a few myself in the Pueblo area. they are non venomous but can bite ya pretty good! as for keeping one ive heard it can be tricky, round enclosures help because hey have a tendency to run really fast into corners and hurt themselves. but if you decide not to keep it or find more i would love a specimen =-)

HOnestly i wouldent worry about more being in the house, this one probably just wandered in on its own. there is something like 15 species of them in colorado mostly found in the south eastern part. I have found a few myself in the Pueblo area. they are non venomous but can bite ya pretty good! as for keeping one ive heard it can be tricky, round enclosures help because hey have a tendency to run really fast into corners and hurt themselves. but if you decide not to keep it or find more i would love a specimen =-)

interesting didnt know we had any here but if you want it its yours just let me know

U in highlands ranch? i can come pic it up from u any afternoon that works for u

yeah im in highlands ranch and when ever you want to come is fine ill pm you my number