Thread: Looking to add 2 more "hots"

Looking to add 2 more "hots"

Since we do educational presentations, I always am looking for more educational species. One I personally like is my L.q scorpion. And people like to see her because shes a little bit more venomous than an emp. I have a large locking enclosure Im splitting into 3rds to house 2 more "hots". I would like a black colored one like a P. trans & maybe a Scorpio maurus, or any that are contrasting in color from the other 2. Any ideas? Any ideas on where to get these 2 from the same breeder? Kim
    I do about 100 free educational presentations a year at schools & other venues. I am always interested in more invert species to add to our collection. Kim

Re: Looking to add 2 more "hots"

Tarantula INC would usailly have them both, or did last time i looked but im not sure how everything is going for them right now because of something that happened to one of the owners.... kenthebugguy.com would probably have them too! just an FYI the S. Maurus is a desert scorp that tunnels and you may never see it (so it may not the best choice for a presentation...just my $.02)

Thanks for the info. I prefer not to deal with larger dealers at all if I can help it. Not knowing about their importing techniques & I dont want to promote selling wild caught species. I have a system to be able to see all of my burrowing species of inverts so Im ok with the S. maurus burrowing. She or he will still be able to be seen. Kim
    I do about 100 free educational presentations a year at schools & other venues. I am always interested in more invert species to add to our collection. Kim

LQ=blond.
    PTrans=black.
    Bjacksoni=red.

all venomous, and great contrasting colors! and the PTrans is very active and fun to watch!!

btw, love the split aquarium thing.

I have the L.q in the future split tank. I have a pair of the B. jacksoni in another enclosure. All different color combos thats for sure! Kim