Thread: Mike's monitors !

Mike's monitors !

Re: Mike's monitors !

Yea! Thanks for sharing your pics!

Okay, care question: Is it hard to keep their enclosures clean? I ask because I once babysat a Nile and when he poo'd it went everywhere (or he'd poo in his water, uh, container (which was easy to clean)). It looks like you have some pretty intricate set-ups going on. Haha, my first thought looking at the pics was "Aw man, all those nooks and crannies." Or do monitors try to poo in water most of the time? I imagine a lot of animals have this instinct (maybe, relieving themselves in water (usually flowing water in nature)) so they don't leave traces of themselves around where they're living (but would that still be a case for animals that don't really have predators?)...

Yea! Rambling!

Do you still have that Peach Throat you rescued?

It really depends on the individual itself. My nile, water, and sav all use their water dish, which is very easy to simply dump and refill every other day when needed. The mangrove however, does not use his water, he instead chooses to bury his feces, which is in and of itself pretty interesting to observe.

The peach throat I had for almost 2 weeks, after extensive feeding and proper husbandry she was doing amazing and almost healed up perfectly, she was sold to a rescue out in calhan (not free spirit!)

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing.