Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THINGS TO FIX

Administrator Mile High Bug Club's Avatar

THINGS TO FIX

This is Bell...... post here if you find things that need to be fixed, misspellings, functions you were hoping for that seem to be missing, etc... I made the site live early but it's functional, just ugly.

Up first for fixings..... smilies are broken!!

Re: THINGS TO FIX

Oh, also...... if there were things on the other forum that you want on this one (avatar or current collection list are all I can think of... maybe attachments?) let me know and I'll add them.

Administrator Mile High Bug Club's Avatar

Meh. I think I have the smilies fixed......

All of the embedded videos don't work any longer so I'm going to have to go through our club events threads and fix those............

Also, again guys, if you had things over on the other forums that didn't transfer here let me know and I can remedy that. I can add back your avatars, pet list, etc..... It's just very time consuming because I have to do it manually so I only want to do it for those of us who want it.

Um, the cream soda machine that used to come with the old forums broke..so i'm assuming you will get me another one? O.o
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Yeah, I can't reimburse you any change you may have put in it, though, as I don't carry cash on me.

Hi. Don't know if this is a "broke" or a "forum detail that needs to be tweaked" but this is the only message board that does a totaly black screen with a little box that talks about being redirected when you log in. It's kinda weird because for a second I thought something was wrong with my computer because EVERYTHING went black and then the redirecting box popped up.

Anyway (don't shoot me) I kinda find it annoying - but didn't know if it was fixable.

Hmm, yeah, that's just how it logs you in. The black is because of the regular black background, though.... Maybe usually it wouldn't look like an error. I'll see what I can do about the log in screen, though. No promises, k?

Hmm... I noticed it does that screen whenever it's loading an updated screen (like, if I edit something it'll do it)...............

Um, the timestamps seem a little off...is that a time zone thing?
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Time stamps are something you have to set in your profile. :( Because we're all imported users our profile settings default to the vBulletin default and that time is, like, London time or something, haha.... Any new users will start with the defaults I designated.

Oh O.o user error sorry ><
    *Fear is ignorance*

Okay guys, for real, I'll be able to get a lot of work done on the site this weekend. I actually had work to do this week (gasp!) so I've fallen behind on my site plans.

So, things I'm working on:

The tips/care forums
    Making Kim's posts .pdfs and stickied
    A logo!! For reals
    A merchandise store w/ said logo!
    Combined PPHS activities posts
    Update the calendar
    Lots of threads have missing links, videos and attachments
    Fix the spotlights
    July contest
    .....and lots of other things that don't actually affect the site performance or what not but will help w/, uh, marketing, I guess you could say.

And Sharon..... that extra screen that occurs is something new to vBulletin vers 4, I believe, because the other vB4 (herpcenter.com) site I go to has the same thing.

Two Words...MHBC ZipHoodies...wait is that three?

The site is looking really good. Could we possibly have areas in the caresheets sections branched into Classifications and Species? It becomes a super long post for the monitor caresheets clumping them all together into one thread.
    *Fear is ignorance*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast