Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Haunted trip

Thread: Haunted trip

Haunted trip

So last Friday the 13th some of the cadets called me at 1145 and talked me into going to gold camp road for the haunted tunnel. It was pretty cool, we did the first two tunnels you drive thru. We stopped turned out all the lights and stopped, put baby powder on the trunk, doors and etc but nothing. So we parked and walked to the last tunnel. Again nothing .
    Sadly the only scary thing I saw was......
    ......wait for it.....
    ......A high school girl getting dressed in the parking area.....lol lol
    There was a group of high school kids in the parking area acting like ....well kids... Darn wine coolers......lol

Re: Haunted trip

Sounds like fun!! I LOVE those tunnels!! My favorite is to go up at night, park and walk through them. When my dad was well and could drive Gold Camp road was one of his favorite spots to take us. He would get up to the tunnels, turn the lights off and drive through.... being, like, 10 that freaked me out every time and he'd just be in the drivers seat cracking up at us.

Lol that reminds me I should take Amanda with me.

Another thing he loved to do w/ us in the truck was, like.... you now how some of the sides of the road have gravel accumulated and it makes a slope or a hill? So, like... see how the side of the road is a slope in this pic:

He'd drive up as close to the side as possible, on the hill and the truck would be tilted.... it was kinda like a vehicle rollercoaster. He'd always try to find the hills that would tilt the truck the most w/out tipping over.

My mom HATED that.

Lol knowing my luck I'd be rolled over....

Lean! LEEEEEAN!

I love driving on that road. It is a very nice drive and it is nice to get into nature and be so close to the city and our apartment. We live about 5 minutes from helen hunt falls. We found those tunnels just by driving around one day, and couldn't wait for the high road to open (we have only lived in the springs for about 6 months, and CO for a year). That is also a very nice drive. We saw a bunch of mountain bikers at the top (peak) of the high drive, has anyone biked up there, or know if the trails are good?