Thread: Ever almost been attacked by a bear?

Ever almost been attacked by a bear?

This is from NJ but I'm sure it can apply to our bears here, yeah?:
    [flash=560,349:1cjor1py]http://www.youtube.com/v/Bkwy0scRXBU?fs=1[/flash:1cjor1py]

It's an interesting take on black bears, and you can see a lot of related videos on the sidebar of black bears doing the same thing. Seems like every year a bear or three makes the news locally... We had notices put up around our apartments a week ago saying a bear was seen on the property.... and I totally missed it. I've never seen a wild bear in CO and I am DYING to... although, even after seeing this video, I can't say I'd ever run after one with my camera. But, anyway, maybe the stories of people being "attacked" or "chased" by black bears aren't really the case? Or at least not always? I dunno... this may not be news to some of y'all but it's the first I've ever seen/heard of this behavior, honestly.

I wonder if you get scared and run will the bear be more likely to pursue and actually attack??

Also, Wiki has an interesting compilation of known deaths by bear attack in North America.

Re: Ever almost been attacked by a bear?

ooo, bear attacks. read several books on bear attacks!

as for here in CO, we only have the blackies. most of the blacks are more scared of us, and if we stand our ground and make noise they will run off. my best friends dad was actually attacked by a black bear while hunting though :/

not too scared of the blacks though. they are much easier to take down with a bullet than their brown brothers

My family and I saw one with her 2 cubs on base. It was really cool but I was more nervous because we had our dogs with us. But it was all good.

Oh yeah, regardless if it's black or brown... I would not want to mess with a mama and her cubs. Haha... your poor dog wouldn't be able to fun fast enough!

Never been attacked by a bear but I was chased by a HUGE raccoon...was working nights at IBM in Boulder and startled an adult Raccoon with her babies and she was NOT happy with me at all. She moved slow but the noises that came out of her still haunt me to this day lol.

Yeah I was scared ...so what!

Bell that's why I bring my dog...I know I can outrun her...
    Figgy I see it on fox news." when raccoons attack, special at 11......."