Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wolf spiders?

Thread: Wolf spiders?

Wolf spiders?

I may be obtaining a few large female Hogna carolinensis, and a few Geolycosa sp.. Would there be any interest here.

Here is an older photo I have of the Geolycosa sp. I have yet to find someone who can properly ID this species, as it isn't G. wrightii, or G. missouriensis.. I've been keeping these guys for a couple years now on and off, as well as bred them. Very pretty little orange slings, grow very fast, eat everything in sight and are very resilient captives.

Just curious if there is any sort of market for true spiders here, or if anyone would be interested in them?

-Mike

Re: Wolf spiders?

Once a year we have been going on a wolfie hunting trip out in the area of Ramah, CO. The member that usually initiates it, though, moved to FL recently so I don't know if we're doing it again this year (I go for the experience as I despise true spiders). Usually when we catch wolfies locally, if they aren't being kept as pets, they end up being shipped to other states (usually done by Brian (Widowman10)). Brian is our resident true spider expert, btw, so he may be able to help in identifying.......

hmmm, i'm not to up on my geolycosa species.

post some pics though when you get your hognas!!

p.s. the h caro males here are GORGEOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    Once a year we have been going on a wolfie hunting trip out in the area of Ramah, CO. The member that usually initiates it, though, moved to FL recently so I don't know if we're doing it again this year (I go for the experience as I despise true spiders). Usually when we catch wolfies locally, if they aren't being kept as pets, they end up being shipped to other states (usually done by Brian (Widowman10)). Brian is our resident true spider expert, btw, so he may be able to help in identifying.......
    From what I've been collecting, I haven't seen these guys outside of Colorado Springs yet. I've been after an ID on these things for a very long time, and have gotten nowhere with anyone, even Denver Museum came up empty handed when I emailed..

Brian, do you sell them if so where? I'll probably end up having a decent number of at least the Geolycosa available, and if there's a market for them, I'd very much appreciate knowing about it/how to ship these guys.

-Mike

i don't really sell them. i have hooked up a couple of members before (from AB), but not really selling them. once you post pictures, everyone wants one

I'm debating selling them on Arachnoboards as well. I only collected one Hogna last summer, and sold her instantly for $20.

-Mike