Thread: Abedus herberti Oh mah gawd!

Abedus herberti Oh mah gawd!

Are these things forged with pure, concentrated, awesomeness or what? I must have one! Only details I couldn't get is how many gallons per adult?

Re: Abedus herberti Oh mah gawd!

I can't help with your question. I do, however, want to state that those gave me nightmares as a kid. Haha. Prolly wouldn't be so freaky to me now. If you get a tank set up you should def takes pics/vids and share...... or invite us over to see it.

I'll definately take pictures! I always try to make set ups look somewhat natural. Ofcourse, I don't have the money to make it "Blamo! Expensive aquatic plants everywhere!" Plus I never know exactly what plants are in their habitats so I usually just toss in whatever I can get my hands on that are compatible

i used to catch the florida ones (we called them water scorpions for some unknown reason) i did 10 gallons per adult and they all survived and bred so obviously i was doing something right hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    i used to catch the florida ones (we called them water scorpions for some unknown reason) i did 10 gallons per adult and they all survived and bred so obviously i was doing something right hope that helps

Hmm... The ones that look like aquatic stick insects, right? Ranatra sp(I think they're called)? They look more like an anorexic vinegaroon, in my eyes, lol. But I'll try that. I'd also have to guess width before height.

Oh! And I also could only find about their diet they are not picky eaters... But what SHOULD I feed them?

umm no the ones i had looked exactly like abedus herberti only i caught them in florida all the time. i fed mine cold fish and frog tadpoles

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    umm no the ones i had looked exactly like abedus herberti only i caught them in florida all the time. i fed mine cold fish and frog tadpoles
    Oh! I believe there are Lethocerus Americanus (Which get massive! ) And abedus sp (Not sure which lol)

i'm not sure i was young but they did get huge they do make cool pets though