Thread: Ladybugs

Ladybugs

so i was sitting here thinking, where are all the ladybugs im sick of these japanese beetles, so maybe we bug collectors should make huge colonies and let them go

what does everyone think?
    im not here to pick sides, i dont deal with emotions i deal with facts, dont cry to me because im right
    "stonedsage"

Re: Ladybugs

maybe this is just a MN thing
    im not here to pick sides, i dont deal with emotions i deal with facts, dont cry to me because im right
    "stonedsage"

I'm kinda at a loss for what a Japanese Beetle is... and do lady bugs eat them? Like aphids (they... eat... aphids, right? Or am I thinking something else?)..?

What would go into breeding/raising lady bugs? Are there, like,tutorials out there? haha....

japanese look just like lady bugs except for their larval stage, the problem is that the jap beetles lay their eggs near the lady bugs and when they are born they eat all the lady bug larva, so the population was greatly diminished, if you go to MN in the fall you will see a moving wall of japanese beetles, they are pretty ridiculous and they bite! and yes there are a bunch of guides for keeping a colony
    "stonedsage"

sorry i guess i was wrong for calling them japanese beetles, they are asian ladybugs
    "stonedsage"

ah, the annoying asian ladybugs... they are pretty annoying.

This just blew my mind.

Ive bred ladybugs before... its very easy! You can buy colonies of them from grow stores, they are used to eat smaller insects that harm plants. Basically all you need is moist soil for the larva to be laid, a few weeks later there will be more larva than you can count.
    [color=#006000][b]--ExotiPet--
    BUY - SELL - TRADE
    Visit Our YouTube -- Visit Our Facebook -- SEE OUR REVIEWS

I still just can't get over the fact that not every lady bug I've ever seen may have actually been a lady bug.