Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I now have a scorpion. Yay!

Re: I now have a scorpion. Yay!

hahahaha
    im not here to pick sides, i dont deal with emotions i deal with facts, dont cry to me because im right
    "stonedsage"

He'll prolly calm down once he gets settled in his new place and has someplace to hide and relax. P imps don't have potent venom but are purported to be able to break a pencil in half with their claws... so getting pinched again is prolly not a good idea. I've only ever seen one P imp try to sting something and it was a lil baby. They use their claws for destruction/catching prey/first line of defense vs stinging stuff.

Congrats! They're great buggles. Get some more and start a community!!

well don't go telling him that they can break pencils, now he is going to try it
    im not here to pick sides, i dont deal with emotions i deal with facts, dont cry to me because im right
    "stonedsage"

Haha, yeah? Well, better a pencil than a pinky, lol...... I think this guy might need to be a little bigger before he's got that crushing strength but it would be cool to see. I can only find mentions of them being able to do that; no, like, videos or anything to go along with it.

I can't find a pencil anywhere...

I'll keep y'all posted on it's attitude.

So far, it's been hiding. Has eaten a few crickets. No more pinching.

Good to know they don't like stinging. Do you think they're aware of how mild their venom is, and would rather save it for something small they can't crunch?

I would love to do a community of these things!
    Would they all need to be similar size, or do the larger ones tolerate babies?
    I'm very glad I don't ever have to buy shoes for my pets.
    They got too many legs...

Hmm, I dunno about the stinging thing... I would say the only time I can see them stinging is when their life is in danger and the claws aren't cutting it. No science there, just speculation. The baby I saw sting was just freaked out at what I was doing (rearranging its enclosure) and I think it thought it needed to protect itself from the tongs (what it stung at).

Although they can live communally there are rare instances when they're cannibalistic so I would recommend keeping them around the same size... and keep an eye on them when they're molting. I had two babies living together and when one was molting the other tore its arm off and ate it. The one who lost its arm bled to death. (I say "arm" but I mean the appendage w/ the claw...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12