Thread: Pet Trade

Pet Trade

It's amazing to me how much money is in Pet trade ...and what suprises me even more is that the industry is thriving not because little Timmy wants a new pet but because breeders are buying from breeders.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining but just making an observation. It's more of a race to create and breed the latest and greatest. In the process most breeders and collectors gain a great respect and love for the animals they care for and breed. There will always be the breeder that doesn't really give a crap and just breeds for greed but then you have guys like Brian B from Snakebytes TV who really love and care about what they do for the animals and community and then you really have to cheer for thier success because they deserve it!

Anyway just my two cents

Re: Pet Trade

i agree personally i don't breed for the newest latest greatest thing i breed to enjoy the baby animals because i love them so much same reason we breed our horses (that and our horses bloodlines are endangered so we're keeping them going) i just like the new experience of watching the whole circle of life in my pets

Agreed, Ashley and I only like to breed the species we are interested in and enjoy, we buy they other species of slings from people the enjoy raising them. It does make selling the critters hard when you name and enjoy every single little one but we believe they get the best care and attention that way. Its something that takes up a lot of time and energy but if you love and enjoy the animals you breed it never seems like a job, its actually something you look forward to doing when you wake up or get home from working all day. Thats what got us into the whole breeding (and rescuing) thing in the first place... we felt all the other sources were not holding the quality or care for the animals they should. They are living creatures and should be treated as so... not just another inventory item.
    [color=#006000][b]--ExotiPet--
    BUY - SELL - TRADE
    Visit Our YouTube -- Visit Our Facebook -- SEE OUR REVIEWS

Couldn't agree with you more...When I first kept exotics I had maybe two or three and never looked forward to cleaning the cages and taking care of them. Now I look forward to doing it and can easily spend four or five hours at a time cleaning snake poo and changing bedding only to look at the clock and realize I am about two hours past my bedtime.

It is so much easier to take care of your animals when you are passionate about them!