Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arachnoboards is closed

arachnoboards is closed

apparently the forum died! that sucks i had people on there i was friends with that i wish i would've gotten their email adresses before hand and you can't even do any of that anymore bummer just kinda shocking since from what i'm aware of they've been around for a while

Re: arachnoboards is closed

It's sad they went that route. I blame Mercury being in retrograde. Chances are your friends are prolly on other sites, too, Leah. You might look for them.

In their message they list a couple alternate forums to visit. I also recommend http://venomlist.com or http://arachnophiles.myfreeforum.org/.

Haha, everyone on the AB FB page is asking if it's an April Fool's joke.

It better be! I'm in process of sending my MM A. purpura to someone and I can't get the recent PM he sent me!

i don't think it is an april fools thing

I dunno....... it's very possible. I'm, like, 99% sure it's a "joke."

And even if it's not AB will be back. I'm sure Scott and Debby are getting flooded with concerned emails and contacts. They have too much invested in the site and the people on the site have too much invested.

arachnohaters.com who is... same DNS as AB

arachnoboards.com who is... same DNS as the above site.

I mean... what are the chances the dude who started arachnohaters would just happen to choose the same hosting company arachnoboards is hosted on out of the thousands of hosts available?? I don't use darkscape.net... and I've used, like, three different hosts... I've never even heard of that company. AND also register the domain with the same company AB registered their domain with?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just don't know how to check things like that. :p I KNEW I KNEW

well if it is i imagine they're gonna piss off a lot of people in doing that since some people are mid transaction and stuff

well luckily... I had the name and address of the person. I managed to find an email using the name. I also found them on facebook. (yeah I know I can be a bit of a detective - that's kinda my job at work...)

I wondered about the alternitive "acronohaters" board but I was at work when I first read this stuff and didn't DARE go there in case it had things on it that would get me in trouble. :lol

If no one has heard of it before I'd bet it was just made up by AB... After all I don't recall any threads about it.

It was just created like a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    It was just created like a week ago.
    yeah ok then that really DOES make it suspicious. the message made it sound like (to me anyway) that they closed the board because they had been harassed by them or awhile.

They are back. I'm still cautious... :lol

Yeah, April Fools.

While I think the message was intended to make people reevaluate how they interact on AB......... I hope what it really does is it makes people reevaluate where they store data/do business. Save your reviews. Save your photos. Save your contacts. And think about where might be a safer place to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    Yeah, April Fools.

While I think the message was intended to make people reevaluate how they interact on AB......... I hope what it really does is it makes people reevaluate where they store data/do business. Save your reviews. Save your photos. Save your contacts. And think about where might be a safer place to do business.
    How would you save feedback, screenshots? I could make up any feedback I wanted and type it up somewhere. I'd feel funny having a page on my site that said "Here's feedback from another site that doesn't exist anymore."
    I'm sure there's a specific thing you're thinking but I just woke up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast