Thread: trouble in leopard gecko town

trouble in leopard gecko town

so i think one of my leopard geckos might have cancer it appears he has either a cyst or a tumor on his stomach he's still acting normal feeding normal breeding normal but it is worrisome i'm not gonna take him to the vet cause even if it is cancer i can't afford any sort of treatment so i'm just gonna keep giving him the love and care i always have and if he starts to suffer i'll have to euthanize him so please pray/hope/wish that he doesn't have cancer or at least if he does that my female leopard gecko is really gravid like i believe her to be so that i'll at least have his babies

Re: trouble in leopard gecko town

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    so i think one of my leopard geckos might have cancer...i'm not gonna take him to the vet
    I'm sorry to hear you have what appears to be a sick gecko but....... that's an issue right there. He needs to go to the vet, Leah.

When my leo had a tumor the vet said they could operate on her but they recommend against it because it's a lot of stress and pain the gecko would be experiencing in recovery. It's not even guaranteed it would survive even with the tumor removed. If you go to a vet they would prolly recommend euthanasia; therefore, you would not have to pay for an operation. If you can't afford a vet visit you should not be keeping him as a pet. If you can't even afford to have him euthanized you should not be keeping him as a pet. Praying/hoping/wishing is not going to do anything to decrease a cyst or a tumor and it's not your call if he's suffering or not. I've seen video of cats hit/run over by cars and they will still purr when the vet pets them. Just because an animal is trying to function normally doesn't mean it's not under any kind of duress.

He needs to go to a vet. I know you love your pets and care for them a great deal but there's only so much you can do for it.

Feed it to one of your snakes so his legend lives on ...I have a Pet Vet named Dr. Burmese.

lol nah if i do end up having to euthanize him i'm gonna do it as painlessly as possible and give him a little gecko funeral he's still acting healthy though so it could be a calcium deposite or a cyst but maybe thats just wishful thinking

Can you post pictures? Like, is it an actual lump bulging from its side?

i can try to get some decent pictures but right on his belly is like a circular lump thats about 1/4" and it's pretty visable and you can feel it too just when you pick him up and it just kinda showed up or at least i must not have noticed it in the previous weeks

Ooooh. Hmm.... have you tried giving him a warm bath? Or putting oil on his nose? Maybe it's some sort of impaction he needs help passing..? Haha, you know more than I would but my motto is "it's worth a shot." When my leo had the tumor she just got fat. There weren't any bulges... her overall girth changed.

it's not an impaction i already tried warm water baths (i do that once a week at least anyway) and it doesn't look too internal like it's inbetween like 2 layers of skin it's weird heres a picture

Could be, like, hernia, maybe? Hmm, when you push on it what happens? Haha, seriously.... if it goes away momentarily it could be a cyst. If it's hard it might be some sort of an abscess from an injury... maybe something bit him? Could just be a boo-boo welt like thing? Maybe he fell somehow?I dunno if I would say "cancer" at this point... and it honestly doesn't even look like a cyst to me.

If it gets bigger I would definitely get him to a vet. I was expecting a bigger bump than that, though, honestly.

lol i know i'm a worrier when it comes to my little guys it's hard but it doesn't look like it's from being injured or anything like that it's weird idk what it is i'm hoping it'll just magically go away