Thread: Reptile Jungle, Castle Rock, CO

Reptile Jungle, Castle Rock, CO

I heard that a reptile/invert store was opening sometime and have been wanting to check it out. Well I finally was in town long enough to swing into the newly open Reptile Jungle store in Castle Rock. It seems very well kept, clean, and the owners were very kind. I did not buy anything, but most if not all the reptiles looked healthy, and were reasonably priced.

Now for inverts, I thought they were a bit overpriced. $50 for a large rosie, and maybe like $50-60 for a 1-2" avic avic. Either way I like supporting local businesses over chains, and I would buy from them if I wanted a new herp or invert. It was also nice to finally have a herp/invert store close to home.

Re: Reptile Jungle, Castle Rock, CO

I would like to check them out sometime when I'm passing through, if I knew where they are located.

Blog Entries

I would like to check them out. $50 for a rosie is waaaay overpriced in my book, haha... but I vaguely remember w/ SnT they were overpriced w/ inverts, too. Maybe that's the only way locals can make profit on them..?

Rick... dunno if this helps but the addy is:
    Reptile Jungle 115 Wilcox Street Castle Rock, CO 80104.

Hi this is Mark Ryland with The Reptile Jungle I I'm sorry for the over price on the inverts I don't have alot of experience with the Inverts and I was told that is what a female rose should sell for. But I do tell my customers that I will price match to make sure I'm priced right. I just love reptiles and to open a store and do this for a living and meet others with the same love for reptiles what a way to wake up everyday and go to work So any input to make my store a great place to shop or just visit would be greatly appreciated Please e-mail me at reptilejungle@comcast.net

Colorado Springs, CO, Originally Walker, LA

What kinda of Turtles are offered at your store if any, all the places around here just have Red Eared Sliders, and I am looking for more exotic Turtles and rarer kept US turtles like Maps and Painteds

We have Russian Tortoise and usually have Indo Box Turtles. If you're looking for something specific please let me know, I will be happy to see if it is available. You can email me at reptilejungle@comcast.net.

Pretty much looking for any aquatic turtle outside RES, especially Painted turtles and exotics

Okay here is my review of the shop i havent seen their prices since i havent actually gone in myself but my dad went in today and i've spoken to mark on the phone and he traded my mantis eggsacks for a B. smithi sling today my dad said that although sparse he had some interesting things there everything seemed well taken care of and mark was polite and friendly to my dad and to me when i talked to him him on the phone so overall my experience was positive

Blog Entries

Reptile Jungle A+....I went to Reptile Jungle Saturday to see what T's they have and my daughter wanted to see thier beardies.
    My first impression was:
    The store was extremly clean and organized
    All the animals were really healthy, alert and cages were clean
    Staff was really knowledgeable about thier reptiles
    Customer service--SOLID! Mark even offered to swap light domes with one in his cage so my daughter could have one that glowed if she wanted
    Great Atmosphere(important to me)-I had the feeling that it wasn't jsut a business but all the staff cared about thier pets
    Mark was there and was extremly helpful to my daughter. The store was packed and he still took time to talk to her about bearded dragons. I loved the fact that he talked to her(10yrs old) about how to do everything and not to us. We left with all the supplies and Mark kept the beardie seperate so we could set up the cage and pick him up the next day. My daughter had been waiting for this for over a year and Mark help make this a positive experience for her...Thanks!
    I knew it was a good store when my wife and daughter said in the car "This our new pet store even if it's a 30 minute drive".

My impressions are very similar to others, solid AAAA store. Went there last Saturday with the GF to check out the place, and the 45 Minute Drive up was well worth it. The selection there isn't the greatest compared to local scales and Tails shops, but unlike them you can tell that the animals are well cared for and healthy and there were a few things rare to see around here Like Sailfin Lizards and the most amazing looking Panther Chameleon I have seen in a while. Mark was there and fed his Savannah Monitor which was cool to watch, and really made me want one. Mark himself is ace, spoke to him for about 20 minutes and you can tell he really loves his Herps, and we both shared a common upbringing in reptiles being from the South. Cannot wait to go back up next weekend, and hopefully get something new to add to the ark

Right on folks. I went in there today and was pleasantly suprised. But its what everyone else has experienced. Neat, clean, friendly, reasonable. It's a work in progress, they are still setting up, but I didn't see anything that needed fixing.

A++ a little bit of a drive but way worth it, they put S&T to shame! Plus their prices on custom cages are great! Some of the animal prices were somewhat high but they animals all looked happier and healthier then most places so worth it for a pet that isn't sick. Good selection of feeders and no Chad( :twisted: ), they actually know how to care for big snakes and don't just put on a show pretending to - wow that made my day alone!!! The store was a little bare but they are working on having more cages/setups with more selection so way to go guys, no inverts when I was there but they were on order so I will definitely go there again.

I went there on Sunday after the meeting and was not even looked at or greeted when we walked in. I stayed in the store for at least 10 minutes and not one person talked to us and there were four people in the store. There was trash on the floor i.e. 2L pop bottle various paper trash and bedding.

While walking out one of the employees said, "Thanks for stopping by." I responded with, "Thanks for ignoring us for the entire time we were in the store."

Goes to show you everyone has off days. I went there twice before and the service was excellent and the place was clean. I posted feedback on thier FB page and the owner responded.

Two things that are needed for a successful store and they are in my opinion not something you can do without #1 Customer service this means engage your customer not your 14 year old girlfriend who is hanging out with you at work that day. #2 Clean store ...there are five of you working in a store that is only one room absolutley no reason it should be dirty at any time.

Can't wait until I have the money to open a store because with the way stores here in Colorado are run it should be fairly easy to succeed given the competition.