Thread: Need critter sitters asap! Please!

Need critter sitters asap! Please!

We have a situation where we will have no where to live for two weeks, so I'm wondering if someone, or several people could possibly bug sit for us until we move into our new place, which won't be ready until the 15th.

We have about 20 containers of Ts and scorps.

We have an exoterra of 2 tokays, which I need to rehome anyway, so if someone wants them please let us know.

We have a 20 Gallon long with a Timor monitor in it, who also needs rehoming.

We have a 5 gallon tank with our daughter's african clawed frog.

We have a 10 gallon with some rescued leos, who we probably will end up needing to rehome as well.

I have an exoterra with a common boa, he's about 2-3 feet. Not holdable for sure, kind of grumpy.

I also have Roshii, our Nile monitor, who is about 3 feet. It would take a miracle for someone to watch him for us, as he's not a normal monitor and has a bipolar attitude. Not to mention a container for him is no fun. Right now he is in a 75 gallon aquarium, but we're trying to find him a very large rubbermaid or something. When i contact the reptile rescues, they suggest euthanizing him, so they can't help us. :( We are maybe looking for a new permanent home for him too, but he's had it rough, so he's not too fond of people and has a lot of scars.

We also have 2 cats, we're hoping we can keep our older declawed cat with us, but we do have a kitten, Chiyo, that we may need cat-sat.

If anyone can help please let us know asap, we would really appreciate it. We have to move on saturday, so time is running out. We were supposed to move into our new place saturday but were informed today that it won't be ready until the 15th.

At this point, as far as I'm concerned the animals we're rehoming are "free" I just want them to be taken care fo properly, and we're in over our heads. We care for our animals a lot, probably too much. We are parting with a lot of the tarantulas and our mesa scorps as well, but just haven't chosen who to keep yet, so if the sitters might want a bug or several at the end of "sitting" I'm sure that could be arranged.

Thanks.
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Re: Need critter sitters asap! Please!

I could prolly pet-sit some (or all) of your inverts. I don't have the room for much else. :(

That would be amazing bell. The bugs are the hardest to find places of, just because they give most people we know the creeps. They are all in their containers, and we can probably get them fed before bringing them over. When would you be able to take them?

For our scorps it's been so hot we haven't had to use a heating pad lately.
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Well, Thurs or Fri after 3 or anytime on Sat. Would you guys be bringing them up to me? What works for you?

Tomorrow afternoon would work great, that's when we'll be hauling our stuff to storage. And we can bring them to you, as we'll be right that, since that si where our unit is.

Is there anything we can do for you? Think about it... Maybe a raincheck to petsit for you or something.

We also have leos and tokays we're trying to rehome in case you're interested.
    *Fear is ignorance*

Okies... you have my # to call or text me to lemme know you're on your way? Or email or FB, haha.... what ever is easiest.

Ah, no, I just want to help.

I'm actually trying to decrease my collection... I just want to keep two of my Ts and that's it. I could prolly find room for the tokays and the leos in order to pet-sit but I wouldn't be able to keep them.

Yea that would really help too if you could take the geckos too. I love the tokays and hate to rehome them >.< But we need to decrease our collection as well. I hate getting so attached to everything.

PM me your cell # and we can text you before we plan on coming over tomorrow. That'll give me a chance to get them all settled and whatnot into their containers. I need to get some more ecoearth for some transfers. The leos are in a 10 gallon, and the Tokays are in a small exoterra. If my parents weren't so "oogy" over the geckos I could bring them with us. I'm going to see about if I could bring 1 gecko with us to stay in our room, but that's all that would be allowed. I'm trying to beg some catteries to board our cats for us too.

Thanks again!
    *Fear is ignorance*

Haha, my cats are evil (well, one of them is) and they're not declawed (and they fight quite a bit) so I def wouldn't be able to help you out there. Kitten would get the poo beat out of it.

Lol evil kitties. Our kitties are evil too sometimes.
    *Fear is ignorance*

Got your inverts and nile all set... anything else you're still needing to have someone sit?

I do need someone to sit our kitties, one declawed older cat and a 4 month old kitten.
    *Fear is ignorance*

Sorry I'm late. I can watch the monitors for you if you'd like.

Give me a call or text me, 719-235-2626

Oh, yeah, she's not in need of this any more. I actually ended up watching the Nile............ and then someone, who shall remain nameless, stole her other monitor... and then killed it. Ahem.

2010 my bad. I DONT EVEN LOOK AT THE DATES SOMETIMES !

You saw "monitor" and got excited, hehe.