Thread: New roaches

New roaches

Anyone working with Eublaberus distanti or A tessalata? I have ordered some. Peppers for fun and distanti as a possible new feeder roach.
    Todays peacock is tomorrows feather duster.

Re: New roaches

I believe Andrew273 had that first species once. If you want help with anything he'd be the person to contact, most likely.

Distanti is my favorite roach species. They are gorgeous. I had a small colony of 2.3.0 that eventually died off. I kept them in a naturalistic viv but for some some reason could not get them to breed. I'd suggest keeping them like any feeder roach as I have heard people had success with this. There's a picture of one of mine somewhere in this forum. They are called 6 spot roaches as well.

Males and females look alike. Maybe you had all males. One of my, what I thought was a male, Gave birth to about 25 or so yesterday. My understanding is male are just a bit smaller than females, and the final segment on the abdomen is wider. I only got 12 mixed sizes to start. I am looking at bolivienses as well. My goal is to be cricket free. Today is Roach Day in Las Vegas. I want to see how these do before I buy a colony. I love lobster roaches, but are hard to feed (I do it by hand) because they can climb. Dubia are great but don't produce fast enough.
    Todays peacock is tomorrows feather duster.