Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Vet Appt

Re: Another Vet Appt

Well, Sauron still isn't eating any of her food. I'm sure she's just very, very stressed out. She's done w/ her Panacur but still has four more days of the Enro stuff. I'm wondering if after that I should lay off force feeding to see if she calms down and eats on her own? I know the vet said to force feed until she eats on her own but, seriously, I don't see that happening.

Some days I think she may have gained weight, some days I don't.

And now when I feed her she thrashes around so much she ends up spitting a lot of the mixture out anyway.

:(

I gave the vet an update this morning so I guess we'll see if she gets back to me w/ any advice. I still think Sauron is too thin to have blood drawn to test for kidney failure/disease.

She just keeps getting worse. I fear I may have to have her put down this week. :( I tried to give her a reprieve from me forcing food down her throat to see if she'd eat on her own to no prevail. She's getting more lethargic, also.

I'm having Sauron put down this afternoon.

She's lost even more weight if that's even possible. She's getting, like, sunken in cheeks, even. It's so sad to look at her. I wish we could have at least found what was wrong with her but given she's been on medication for parasites/bacteria and hasn't improved.... and that gooey stuff with crystals that came out of her before... I think it's probably something kidney related. I'll never know since she never gained enough weight to have blood drawn.

It's like I'm darned if I do, darned if I don't. If I don't force feed her she'll die but if I continue to stress her out by force feeding her she'll die. She ignores crickets, reg mealworms, small mealworms, phoenix worms and wax worms. Nothing even gets a rise out of her anymore.

Poor gecko.

Poor baby. You did right by her though, doing all that stuff but realizing when it wasn't working any more.

Well, it was definitely time for Sauron to go. She actually didn't need to be euthanized and passed on her own while I was at work. :( Poor thing. I'm bawling right now. :cry:

sorry to hear about the loss bell
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12