Thread: In the last 2 weeks...

In the last 2 weeks...

I've gotten:
    1 golden gecko
    2 regular leopard geckos
    1 high yellow leopard gecko
    1 patternless leopard gecko
    1 bearded dragon

And I didn't pay a penny for any of them.

The geckos came from a friend who is moving. The golden is fine but the leos were all rescued. One of the regular ones is fine. The other regular and the high yellow both have missing tails and are skinny. They are on a special cricket dust and lots of waxworms. The patternless is on the same diet but he's in the worst shape. He still has a tail though but needs to be hand fed sometimes. They were rescued from his friend's basement. You should never start a conversation about an animal with, "Guess how long it's been since I fed them." The correct answer I believe was 2 months.

The beardie came from another friend. He needed a new home because his tank mate was beating him up. Both came from the same clutch but the other was twice as big.

I like rescuing animals. I get cool pets for free and give them a better life.

Re: In the last 2 weeks...

Oh wow, that's ridiculous they were in that shape. That's good you have them, Andrew. You'll take good care of them. I hope they all pull through. That's quite the haul, though. You guys and your zoo.

Yeah I like that. I've rehabbed leos in the past so this isn't new to me. At least this time I'm not mashing crickets and worms and force feeding things.

My zoo is fun. I spent 6 hours in my pet room yesterday (until like midnight) and was dissappointed I had to go to bed. Amazing how fun it is to me still.

I still want to get up there and see what all you guys have!

I just updated my current collection list. I'm very dissappointed in the number of roaches I have. Still it's not bad.