Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My Bird

Thread: My Bird

My Bird

I've had "Quaker" for about 13 years now. ( Since I was 8... I'm only 21.. 8-) )

He is a FRICKIN HELLSPAWN to everyone but me. Makes me feel special.

They are notorious for being butt munches, but he is a very loving bird when you get to know him.

Even though he files his beak to a point ready to deliver pain...He's one of my babies and doesn't come close to being defensive towards me. He'll give me " back off " nibbles but thats it.

Guests will come over, and if hes out, he will dive bomb them like Alfred Hitchcocks " Birds" and land on their heads,limbs, whatever. Biting, thrashing around, clawing. It's awesome. Hes my rottweiler for protection. Anyone makes a noise during night time, he squawks, and tries to kill it. haha.

He can actually open his cage from watching it happen so many times so he pretty much just lives outside his cage, and will actually fly to me at times. ESPECIALLY during a meal. He's spoiled rotten and knows he'll get a piece of whatever it is I'm eating. Maybe that's why he loves me...( His fav is salmon... 8-) )

Hope you enjoy my little pal. I'll have to get more pictures of him. He's a wonderful pet to me and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Re: My Bird

oOo... pretty. Green is my favorite color. Love your stories! He sounds like he's quite entertaining.

I've never been a fan of birds as a pets; they just seem like pain to keep (mess, temperatures, socializing, etc...). My parent's always had a parakeet, though. And outside birds are cool for the most part... being from the midwest there's some really beautiful and vibrantly colored birdies out there.

I'm impressed you've had that guy for that long. What is the lifespan for that type? Does he talk like other parrots?

I've read on average that they live up to 30 years.

He can say a couple words...nothing too impressive though.

He's great at mimicking sounds, has trouble with words though.

adorable quaker i have a hahns macaw i rescued thats like that to me i still havent handled him yet though because he's not quite there otis is my guys name even though we've sexed him and he's actually a she i call him my little green chicken and he gives kisses and is just a sweet heart he hates men especially my boyfriend and wont let my mom near him he was abused and is a rescue he's currently out on training to uncage sour him and it's heart breaking not having him my cockatiels make up for it a little but not much