Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rattlesnakes !!

Rattlesnakes !!

Oh the stuff I miss when I'm on vacation... this was emailed out to our building today:

Tom has come across two Rattlesnakes this morning on the trail between Tech I and Tech II. He has asked that we advise everyone since we have a lot of people biking and running those trails. Also please be aware of the back porch area as the Rattlesnakes tend to end up resting on the bricks. He has come across snakes there in the past and with the increased sightings in the area of late everyone needs to be aware. Some things he mentioned was to look on the steps and in the corners of the flower beds if you are in the back patio area.

If you come across a Rattlesnake or any snake please leave it alone and let me know ASAP so we can deal with having it removed.
    Should I let them know we'll remove them from the premises for free? *wink wink nudge nudge*

Re: Rattlesnakes !!

Lol. "I don't know where they went >.< They must've gone somewhere else" wink wink
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

and here lies my golden opportunity... :?

still looking for one...

Brian, we should totally go looking in the woods between my apartment and work... after finding a rattler in MO I think I know what to look for when they're in forested areas.

i say we call a meeting sometime soon and do it. i'm totally game, i think mike would be too.

They are all around down here in P-towns lake "Res", they are prairie rattles I have found baby and adults.

Okay, I'm reviving this thread. It's that time of year again.......... the "beware rattlesnake" emails are being sent out at work. I need to go hunting around the woods behind the building.

Aw man! So the person who discovered today's rattler is our cleaning lady. It was down around the trashcan and she startled it when she changed the bag, I guess. Well, I just heated my lunch up and she was cleaning the kitchen so I was asking her about it and she said one of the male workers came out and KILLED IT. What the hell, people? Just so non-nonchalantly... like it was a fly or something....

People are ignorant and barbaric.

You should make a point of creating some fun sort of brochure/sign stating that the bug club and its members will be more than happy to remove and "dispose" of the darn pests for free! Of course "disposing" for you rattlesnake enthusiasts may involve throwing that bad boy into an enclosure but they don't have to know that
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*

Haha, now now, that's illegal (without permit).

I told the IT Manager (who is, like, the building manager when the building manager is away) that I'll start bringing a snake hook to work so they can be safely transplanted. He told me he's getting work to buy him one (I guess) and that his wife's grandfather used to be a rattlesnake wrangler so he's seen it done a lot.

I suggested Nothing!! O.o...uh how you perceived that is your own human error malfunction o.o...
    *Fear is ignorance*

Is it weird that I feel more comfortable hooking a rattler and moving it than I would killing it? Like, killing it would require getting w/in striking range... I'd think at least. I don't know how the dude did it. Hopefully he's not stupid enough to boot stomp a rattler.

And this was done on the patio out back at work........... in case anyone was confused.

You can callme when there's a rattler to wrangle. I can either get to it or not. I'm down for a little field collecting/hunting as well.

You have yet to go on a club field trip. It has to happen this year, Rick. Has to.

I have spoken with DoW several times about the idea of removing rattlesnakes from people's property as a business venture. They have assured me on multiple occasions that it is 100% legal and within grounds to remove rattlesnakes. You need no permit or special licensing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast