This is a neutral review...

My first tarantula came from this location (btw... the tarantula in my avatar is the one I'm talking about)... it was a Christmas present from my boyfriend and when he got it they told him the tarantula was female. I never bothered sexing it as I trusted them and wouldn't you know it... 9 months later it molted into a mature male. I was devastated as I was hoping to have the little "girl" around for a long time... hard lesson learned, I guess... research before you buy and examine the animal yourself. At the time I had no idea how to sex a tarantula so I guess I was just as bad off as the employees.

The first time I actually went into the store to look at the spiders the employees flat out admitted they do not know anything about the inverts and refuse to handle them. So... well, if you do shop at PetCo to actually get animals, be prepared, research... and you'd better be willing to wrangle it out of the container yourself. Haha...

But overall, I know a lot of people don't like buying from PetCo because they get a lot of wild caught animals and the animals aren't the best taken care of... I haven't had experience w/ them in that regard, really... and I've seen worse in Colorado.....................