Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Some of my collection....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of my collection....

Some of my collection....

Haven't posted in a while, I hope everyone is doing good!!

I have been taking a few pics lately, and I thought I would share them with everyone. (The pictures are too big and i didn't resize them to fit the browser, but they are still distinguishable)

Scolopendra Subspinipes "Vietnam" yellow leg (~8")

Digging down

Eating a Dubia.

Scolopendra Alterans "Haiti" (~5")

Scolopendra Subspinipes "Hong kong giant" (~4)

Scolopendra Heros Castaneiceps (~6")

Hemiscolopendra Chilensis (~2") (I tried to get better pics of this guy but he is pretty active in the open and wont sit still)

None of my others have surfaced for pictures. Hope someone enjoys.

Take care!

Re: Some of my collection....

Haha, great angles! It's like I'm in the container w/ them.

That Scolopendra Alterans "Haiti" and Scolopendra Heros Castaneiceps are very pretty....... for centipedes, lol.

Hmm... maybe if I was getting into the pedes I'd get a Scolopendra Heros Castaneiceps... I really like that one. How hard are they to buy? I've never shopped for pedes. Yeah, lol... I buy bugs based on how pretty they are... I'm a girl.

That last one... it's hard to tell... is it, like, entirely a gunmetal color?

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    How hard are they to buy? I've never shopped for pedes.
    They are not too hard to find these days if you look in the right spots. I'm sure AB has some in their sales section. If not tarantulaspiders.com or tarantula inc. usually have good pedes/prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell
    That last one... it's hard to tell... is it, like, entirely a gunmetal color?
    This thing looks like midnight chrome in the light. Black/gray chrome, with blue tipped legs. Stunning.

the colors on this one are great too..

scolopendra subspinipes "malaysian cherry leg"

Oh, yeah... the cherry legs are pretty, too... I've heard they cost a pretty penny, though and wouldn't be for beginners... is that true?

I'll have to check out Tarantula Inc's stock since I have a lot of credit with them.

A few years ago, before I was an avid collector, I had a S. Sub for two years. It was my only bug at the time, but it also was supposedly the "biggest and baddest" out there. So I figured, If I can tackle this guy, anything else I might ever get into is going to a little easier.

This is so true. The speed of the subspinipes, and size, really set the benchmark for me in the bug world.

Later on down the road, I got something like 35 critters, half of them considered quick/venomous.

Now rehousing that OBT isn't as hard. .

Avoiding my H. Lividums strikes' when removing bolus' from her burrow. . :|

Cleaning that P. Ornata poo while getting struck at is merely a chore... :geek:

That's how I viewed it.

But, in response to the cherry legs ; these pede-lings are the most skittish/nervous of all my plings. I've actually seen my little one jump ~3 inches vertically while running and slam the side of his jar. So always be prepared, lol.

That pede you see cost me 20 dollars I got him at 2 inches.

I was doing some maintenance and took some pictures...I figured I'd share them with you all....

My S. subspinipes " hong kong giant " molted and got about a half inch bigger. Pushing 5 inches next molt. 8-)

Here's my cherry leg just munchin' on a dubia .. She'll be molting soon. .

Nice new pics!

So how can you tell when a centipede is getting ready to molt?

Coloring becomes very dull prior to a molt. The legs often lose coloration on the base of the legs first, while the tips still have good color. Their appetite also decreases (which is rare) so you know its coming soon then. They also do become slightly sluggish and slower as well.

Scolopendra Subspinipes "Barbados" pedeling before going into his new "crib" 8-)

oOo... that one is very neat looking. That's its "regular" coloring..? Its legs are pretty... they almost are candy corn colored. lol. white - yellow - orange

The blue on the tips of his legs will decrease in time but will still be visible.

other than that...candy corn pede

Ethmostigmus Trigonopodus "Blue leg"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast