Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Some of my collection.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some of my collection....

Re: Some of my collection....

Hehe, that guy looks well fed!

Scolopendra A. Angulata - just acquired and letting settle, but more pics to come..

oOo... that one is neat, too. I just GIS'd some pics of it and it looks like that one has interesting legs, also... they get, like, tiger striping?

Scolopendra Polymorpha "Blue"

No way, that's one is so cool looking. Is it missing on of its, uh, terminal legs? Is that what that's called... those two things on the back? Do they grow those back?

Yeah, it'll grow back with another successful molt.

That polymorpha blue is amazing. Where are they from?

Arizona.

Yeah... I figured Arizona. I meant if the blue morph was from a specific location or just a mutation.

I wish I knew more than that.

Arizona..lol

I really don't know though.

Feeding a pede, than others joined in..Took some pics.

Started with the Polymorpha who hasn't been up for a long time. Lookin' good.

Then the S. H. Castaneiceps..

It's the Halloween pede!

You take the best pics of pedes. They're always so clear. Haha, they always look so big, too... but when you get, like, a bottle cap in the shot it puts them in perspective.

So, curious, why is that first pede on a sand mixture? (it looks like a sand mixture, at least) I haven't seen that in your pics before. Is it a desert species? I've always had 'pedes pegged as a high humidity bug but I guess it makes sense not all can be tropical if they can come from, like, AZ or CA.

Yeah the "Halloween" pede is on a ~60/40 peat and cocofiber/sand mix, as well as the polymorpha. You could probably keep them on straight peat/coco fiber just as long as it is drier and they can burrow so pack it down good.

Just the Polymorpha has dug a lot of his bottom layers of sand up, while the S. H. kept his coco fibre/peat layer on top so its less visible. I'm up to 4 different Polymorphas now and they are almost all bulldozers.

They are both considered more desert pedes. But, had a texas banded heros that hovered the water dish and begged for water, just like I have a Subspinipes variation that hates when I mist and never comes out unless its bone dry to drink from a water dish only..Depends sometimes on individual preferences IMO but sticking to the basics is a must. Most of the Heros morphs and Polymorpha color morphs are all considered to be "desert" type pedes.

Recently messed with my big vietnam S. S. dehanni's tank...Live plants, moss,isopods, the works now. He loves that moss.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast