Thread: Am I the only one who...

Am I the only one who...

...finds this article to be rather, err, well, stupid?

More cockroaches expected in Florida

It's like someone just happened upon a website that sells cockroaches and then got their britches in a bunch. Like they state in the article it IS illegal to sell cockroaches to residents in FL and I'm pretty sure all feeder insect dealers know this. But how long have feeder insects been sold online? Long enough that an infestation could have already happened. This isn't new... this isn't news... and all we need is more people getting paranoid about stuff like this and adding it to the list of "Why non-domesticated animals should be banned in the US."

And lobster roaches could infest in parts of Colorado. Time to freak out.

Re: Am I the only one who...

As far as I know very few species of cockroach could infest CO. Not only would the low humidity prevent ooths from hatching but the low humidity, but large populations of things such as wolf spiders and assassin bugs would never allow a species like that to thrive.

Florida is annoying with all their restrictions, I could never live there. The majority of roach vendors I've seen have a disclaimer at the bottom of their site saying "We do not ship to Florida." They just need another reason to complain.

Re: Am I the only one who...

Well, I've heard lobster roaches almost rival German roaches... I have no idea if they can actually infest in CO, though, and was just trying to be silly.

You know you can actually buy decorated hissing roach broaches? I think it's funny people get bent out of shape about others using them as feeders... what would they think about someone keeping them as a pet or wearing them as "fashion?" haha!