Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo 11/8/2008

Thread: Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo 11/8/2008

Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo 11/8/2008

Time to get ready for the next one!

Again, the club's participation at the expo is completely a group effort and any help provided is greatly appreciated... There's basically a few direct roles members can take in helping us out: 1) Providing stock to sell 2) Working the booth and/or 3) Coming to the expo and stopping by the booth... haha, showing people that bugs aren't all that bad. LOL, some of the faces people make when they walk by the booth are HILARIOUS. And, then, a little more indirectly is feedback and suggestions you can post here that may help us out for when the big day comes.

And I know that I'm posting this really soon but maybe this time around we can get stuff going earlier than the last two shows so we're not up until 3 AM getting ready the morning before. HAHAHAHA... oh I'm funny. I think our problem is we all work way better under pressure.

Re: Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo 11/8/2008

The expo had a solid turn out last time. I was really glad the insect vendors showed up this time around, as they lacked em earlier in the year! Alot of bearded dragon salesman too, I did feel bad for the chameleons crammed in fish tanks...

Well, Isaac is usually the driving force in us going to these shows as he's the one w/ "stock." I haven't heard from him in a while so I dunno if we're going to have a booth at this show or not. How do people feel about this? Anyone have things they need/want to sell? Want to work a booth? Lemme know as we'd have to start planning for this ASAP as it's two weeks away. There's still A LOT of open booths.

We could probably at least meet up and browse the booths together. Maybe hand out some flyers.

If my LQs ever decide to give birth I'd have some stock to sell. As it is, I'll be there. I'm looking forward to going there with a job to back my spending. Maybe if I dig around in my roach tank I can find a couple hundred baby dubias to sell.

Okay, RMRE is on. I'm buying a booth this weekend. We prolly need some help in manning the booth and if you have any odds and ends to sell, let me know so we can have it at the show.

Tim, Triprion from AB, is moving, sadly, and needs to sell a bunch of his stuff so he's got a bit to sell and RMRE may be his last option.

Booth has been reserved. Same spot we've been at the past two shows... towards the right when you first walk in and near the back of that section's aisle.

We'll be down the same aisle as Tarantula Inc this time, too, so don't forget to check them out. Maybe I can get another lizard at this show since I have a credit with them... hmmmm?

Wow, this last show was awesome! I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out considering it's "that time of year" when it's too cold to travel with bugs and herps because they'll freeze. Haha...

Thanks to everyone who helped with the booth and/or were able to bring stock to sell at the booth. We had a bigger variety of animals than we usually have... tarantulas, scorpions, centipedes, snakes and veiled chameleons.

I took a couple pics of our set-up...

When the show started we were next to KBPI (me thinks)... a radio station, so we had some rocking music for a while. When they had to leave the RMRE people offered up another table for us for free and I was able to put Polly the green bottle blue on display. She was irritated with me, what with taking her to work last week and now driving her up to Denver. She hid in her cave and I had to coax her out. Fist time in the year I've had her that I've had her strike at me!! Not a happy camper. But once out she continuously drew a lot of people over to the table with her spectacular webbing and color.

Polly won "Best Arachnid." No surprise there.