Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
That one feeder fish...

Thread: That one feeder fish...

That one feeder fish...

...So after the last meeting in COS when Tina didn't eat that feeder goldfish I got for her, I took it down to Eric's dad's house and let it go in his goldfish tank. He's got a rather large tank... like, 40 gallon I'd guess, with a handful of other different types of goldfish in it. I was expecting the feeder to get eaten or die right away.

Well, he hasn't. In fact he's tripled in size and has changed colors twice... he went from his original silver to black to, now, gold. He has become a true gold fish.

How long are feeder fish supposed to live, if, like, taken care of like a pet? As long as any other fish I would assume, but....

Re: That one feeder fish...

seriously?! that's funny! i think goldfish live for quite awhile, i remember a friend who got a handful of tiny (1") gfish, and they grew to about a foot long and lived in his pond for years! crazy...

Feeder goldfish will live for years, just like a regular goldfish and will get gigantic. Nobody really appreciates them.

The last time I was down there I was looking in the tank and I was like, "Where the feeder go? I don't see him." He had changed so drastically that I didn't recognize him anymore. Eric's dad has had goldfish of various sizes for years... he's got some living out in a cistern in his greenhouse and have been there for, like, decades, lol.

Okay I know this is ooooooooooooold news but this fish is still alive! I decided to take pics of it because it looks NOTHING like it did before. In fact! It's bigger than every single one of the fish in the tank already!

It went from something like this (HIGH quality screen cap of the video I made, lol):

To this (he's the bigger of the two, of course):

I know this is pretty unremarkable to people who are aware of feeders changing but to me this is really like a metamorphosis. He's a completely different fish.

That's so awesome!

I bought some angelfish from petco and two days later they wiped out my tank. No more fishies.

That's crazy! What other fish did you have? What kind of angelfish? They're pretty fish... even if they are meanies.

We had a little golden tetra, ironically named Buddy, that killed every fish he ever lived with. He didn't eat them as he was just a little guy but somehow managed to kill them all.

I think they were marbled angels? They didn't kill everything. I mean everything in the tank died even them. I had a really nice collection of gouramis including sunset dwarfs and moonlights.

Ooooooh. I getcha. Yeah, fish can be pretty hard to maintain. Definitely not like tarantulas or scorpions, haha... I've pretty much given up on all fish but betta fish.

I suck at fish. I can't even keep a beta alive. Give me a spider and I got it, the fish thing is beyond me.

Hahaha, that's what member Erwynn (Erin) said at our last meeting, too! I think fish are pretty hard to keep but I at least have some luck with bettas.