Thread: Scolopendra viridis

Scolopendra viridis

I went hunting a little today................I unearthed 10 Scolopendra viridis very excited to find something so early.............Anyone else catch these here?

Re: Scolopendra viridis

Pictures!! ....haha, cause I uh, dunno what those are! :oops: Man, where did you find them? I guess it's starting to thaw out in some parts of the state.

LOL there little centipides.............all the pics I try ans post are all giant ...........Ill try to post them later.......Its amazing .............the ground in most spots still very frozen..............yet these guys were still there and very active,very fast. I found some rather large roly-polys as well ..............Im trying to find out if they are a type of isopod or no.........I just got some orange isopods in the mail today, Funny I spent 39 dollars for sixty...............I could have got 100 today for free.............We will see anyone know?..................

Quote Originally Posted by magikscorps
    LOL there little centipides.............all the pics I try ans post are all giant ...........Ill try to post them later.......Its amazing .............the ground in most spots still very frozen..............yet these guys were still there and very active,very fast. I found some rather large roly-polys as well ..............Im trying to find out if they are a type of isopod or no.........I just got some orange isopods in the mail today, Funny I spent 39 dollars for sixty...............I could have got 100 today for free.............We will see anyone know?..................
    Rolly Pollies are also known as Pill Bugs, and are definitely Isopods.
    Ignorance is Bliss only to the Ignorant.