Thread: Tarantula viewing/collecting aid site

Tarantula viewing/collecting aid site

This is an awesome site I just happened upon: Denver Museum of Nature & Science Colorado Spider Survey. You can choose what type of spider you are looking for and it will give you the locations of what specimens were found and where. Not only could this help us in planning our trips but we may also be able to contribute to it!

Attn: Denver and Surrounding Area Members

Here is a list from the Colorado spider database for where spiders have been found and documented in the Adams, Arapahoe and Jefferson counties (Counties around Denver... there aren't actually any documented spiders IN Denver county!):
    Alphabetical List by Park Name

I figure that where there are spiders (at least when it comes to parks) there's prolly centipedes, possibly scorpions... and definitely herps as herps are pretty much every where in CO. Anyway... if you guys ever want to form your own local collecting/hiking trips I hope this information can help you plan. I know Kevin is rearing to go collecting. haha.

These links may help you in determining where the actual parks are:
    Colorado State Parks
    Adams County Parks (see the links in the box on the left side of the page)
    Arapahoe County Parks
    Jefferson County Parks

Hopefully... there's some good hiking spots in this information and not, like, children's playground type parks. haha.

Re: Tarantula viewing/collecting aid site

that's a sweet site. i actually emailed paula cushing a week or so ago, and she responded very promptly. all-around cool thing they've got going.

Re: Tarantula viewing/collecting aid site

I wish we could go on these collecting and observing trips with you guys! Guess we'll go camping eventually..sometime in like 13 years from now.

Those sites are awesome, I love them.
    *Fear is ignorance*
    *Do the best you can in life. Live with compassion and infinite love for others.*