Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introductions!

Post Introductions!

Haha, well, since I'm the only here as I haven't officially launched the site yet I guess I'll start.

My name is Erica but most people call me Bell. Those of you familiar with me have either met me on or through Arachnoboards (username clearlysaid) or have seen me at the Rocky Mountain Reptile Show in Denver.

I've lived in Colorado Springs since I was about 8 years old. I moved here from Iowa. I've always loved animals... in fact, I used to spend more time collecting bugs when I was little than playing with friends that my parents thought there was something developmentally wrong with me causing me to not be able to make friends. Nope... bugs are just so much more interesting. When I moved to Colorado I varied my collections to include mice, frogs, garter snakes, crawdads and even baby rattlers... my mom FLIPPED OUT about that last one. I was such a dork, especially in school. My dad would catch black widows from his auto repair shop and bring them home for me. The next day I'd take them to school so I could stay after science class and dissect them. ...they were dead, already, of course. My dad wasn't crazy enough to give his 8 year old daughter a live spider that could possibly kill her. He sprayed them w/ carb cleaner. :oops:

Anyway, 18 years later I'm still an animal person. I started collecting tarantulas and because of this new hobby I've met some really cool people and have now ended up here.

Re: Introductions!

I'm Eric. I've lived in Colorado Springs my whole life. I'm into music, reading, and hockey. Oh, and I also share my home with more than 130 tarantulas.

My favorite tarantula is a female Cobalt Blue named Furiae. She recently threw one of her legs, so she's a little hobbled - but I still wouldn't mess with her!

hello bell and eric

Yea! Brian's here.

Hello, I am an invert dealer from California. I love the hobby and doing this for a business. Trying to get enough going by August that I can quit my day job and do this full time. I have 2000+ inverts I care for and a few others. Thanks for having me everyone! Look forward to a new board growing
    Buy Tarantulas and other inverts here!
    http://www.KenTheBugGuy.com

Welcome!! That would be the BEST job ever, a hobby that you truly enjoy that you can support yourself doing. Good luck to you.

Hello,
    My name is Francisco, I am also from California.
    I am also an invert dealer but only a part time one.

My collection is not as big as ken's but I do care for a few hundred Tarantulas,scorpions,centipedes and other inverts.

I am looking forward to make new friends and perhaps some field collecting guides if I ever make it to Colorado.

francisco

Oh you should totally come out to Colorado. Not that I'm biased or anything but this is definitely a good vacation state any time of the year... *wink wink nudge nudge*

I love how you guys have hundreds and thousands of animals. When I tell people I have about 150 tarantulas they freak. They would FAINT if they talked to you guys.

Lightbulb Re: Introductions!

Hi everyone my name is Isaac, Ill go back a little ways my parents were some of the OG founders of the rattlesnake roundup as well as operating a reptile "petting zoo/tourist trap" in Arizona .............I grew up in the desert wrangling anything that would move or that I had to move boulders to catch, Thank god for understanding parents LOL , I have never stopped loving this hobby, and want to do anything I can to help it grow with understanding of proper husbandry,Sorry pet shop owners you probably have run into me already,{ I love to sink my teeth into these people } and there are many offenders out there.........I am mostly a scorpion guy now I have over a hundred a few other inverts, I keep a few frogs to eat my extra feeders, I got rid of my snakes when I moved here,Colorado and there hot restrictions .....maybe I can get in with the zoo to get a permit,anyway I am always down for a trip, trade, chat, need advice I will always get back to you asap so feel free to hit me up and Thanks again Bell for getting this thing off the ground..........Cheers, Isaac

Dang, I didn't know we had *hot* laws here... geeze, some rattlesnakes are native to CO, that's silly. :roll: Man, I'd love to see some vipers in real life. You should totally look into getting a permit.

Hello all, I'm Jen, also from Arachnoboards. Iv' been in the hobby for 7 years give or take a couple months.

Woo hoo! Thanks for coming. We're brand new so there's not much going on... but soon.. soon. Spread the word if there's anyone else who would be interested in joining!

Hi guys/gals,

I'm Richie, and I live in Broomfield, CO. I've been into herps for the majority of my life, easily 3/4's of it. I got into the invert side of it about a year ago, and I must say it's quite the difference where these interesting little beasties are concerned! I LOVE it!

My favorites by far would have to be the Myriapods! Especially the Scolopendra species. I've currently got 8 different Giant centipedes (6 S. subspinipe variants, 1 S. alternans, 1 S. cingulata obscuripes), and I'm sure I'll add more before long haha! I'm also a member of Arachnoboards, and my username is the same there as it is here.

Thanks to Bell for showing me this site, I think it'll be great!

Nice to meet you all.

Hello Bell and others.
    Dang, not the only SCABIES here.
    Anyways my name is Eddy i'll be your SoCal representative :roll: . I'm also admin of ScorpionForum any help with scorpions don't hesitate to ask. If you wanna check out the forum the link is my sig.
    Cheers,
    -Eddy

I wanted to tell you... when I was growing up my brother and I were going to start our own comic book. I was a big Marvel and Image geek. Anyway... I only created one character and the name was... duhn duhn duuuuhn... Abyss. haha... every time I see your username I think of that character.

It's a good thing we never went through with it (my bro's attention span is like this --> |--|) as I discovered an already existing Marvel character named Abyss. Must've missed those X-men comics he was in.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast