Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

awesome the second one looks like a giant version of my armadillo lizards

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    awesome the second one looks like a giant version of my armadillo lizards
    He's got a bit of an attitude, but once you pick him up he's a softy.
    Armadillo lizards are another I'm unfamiliar with. Are they vegetarians too?
    I'm very glad I don't ever have to buy shoes for my pets.
    They got too many legs...

nah armadillo lizards are insectivores but they kinda look similiar to your second uro

Hey everyone, my names Mike, strangely enough my friend MikeMike is the one that got me into spiders and herpes and the sort, still waiting for larger living environment so i can get some birds, miss having my cockatiel on my shoulder while i play video games. I have 2 spiders 1 leopard gecko and 4 cats, not sure if i can count the crickets since they get eaten but i enjoy raising them.
    im not here to pick sides, i dont deal with emotions i deal with facts, dont cry to me because im right
    "stonedsage"

Lightbulb Re: Introductions!

Hello all!

My name is Stephen and I am from McConnells, SC but currently live in Rock Hill. I grew up on a farm and have been around all kinds of animals. I have always loved animals, including the creepy crawlies. I caught my first snake at the ripe young age of 18 months... if you don't believe me ask my family. And that has stuck ever since. I like to collect and keep indigenous species of reptiles, invertebrates, amphibians, and arachnids. But I only tend to keep them for a small period of time, although if I do come across ones that are very prone to eating while in my care I keep them a little longer. My mom used to boast that if you couldn't find me in the house then I was off looking for critters, lol.

Apart from the critters around my house that I have kept and cared for, I have also owned a Savannah Monitor, a Chubby frog, a Ball Python, a Red-tail Boa, two Albino Clawed frogs, a handful of Emperor Scorpions, a Goliath Birdeater, a Corn Snake (even though this is an indigenous species to the upstate of South Carolina, I have never actually experienced one in the wild), a Garter Snake (I am sad to report that I think this particular one that I purchased from a reptile show had to have been wild caught because it was very cheap and even though it was branded a proven eater, I was unable to get it to eat for me even after many attempts and ultimately let it go at the pond near my house- which I would like to also note that I do NOT condone releasing just any kind of animal that has been purchased as a pet into the wild around your home, especially if it is not indigenous. Luckily for me Garter Snakes are and I have even kept a few that were caught in my own backyard), and currently own a Red-eared Slider and a Mud Turtle, a recently acquired juvenile Bull Frog and two Rats along with my Shih Tzu.

I am passionate about all animals and am looking forward to being apart of this forum!!

nice to meet you your childhood sounds kinda similiar to mine only mine was in florida instead i was the same way as a kind catching everything that moved i think i was the only person i know who bred green tree frogs by the thousands in a kiddie pool when they were 7

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678